- Xcode Macos 10.15
- Xcode Requires Macos 10.15.4 Or Later
- Xcode For Macos 10.15
- Xcode Macos 10.15.7
- Xcode 12 Macos 10.15
- Xcode 12 Macos 10.15
Xcode 11 brings lots of new features such as support for Swift 5.1, Apple’s latest iteration of the Swift programming language, SDKs for iOS 13, tvOS 13, watchOS 6 and macOS Catalina 10.15. Xcode 11 welcome screen.
- Alternatively, If all you want is a a compilation environment for Objective-C, C, and Swift v4.n, the Command Line Tools (macOS 10.13) for Xcode will provide that at 7GB less storage. You would then need a competent programmer's editor, and you can still build hand-coded cocoa applications. This is my preference.
- MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 blender 2.8 & 2.81 got display issue Blender Development Ugh, that sounds like a degraded ogl driver Not sure if there is any dev with Catalina 10.15.1 installed (or 10.15 to begin with).
- Design great apps on either Mac, iPad, or iPhone using Xcode. MacOS or iOS developers need look no further than the Xcode developer tool to design great apps. Xcode featuresSwift UI, which offers up its own syntax. Easy to read and write, Swift UI will help keep your apps smaller and download faster by using less code.
I need to create a DEXT controllable by a client, the sample project 'CommunicatingBetweenADriverKitExtensionAndAClientApp.zip' provided https://developer.apple.com/documentation/driverkit/communicating_between_a_driverkit_extension_and_a_client_app came in really handy to get a head start on this.
The only modification was to the 'DriverKitSampleAPP' target, which I changed from Swift to Objective-C. The deployment targets were set to macOS 10.15 / DriverKit 19.0 respectively (as far as I found, DriverKit 19.0 relates to macOS 10.15).
The project builds fine on both macOS 10.15.7 (19H1217) and macOS 11.4 (20F71) and Xcode 12.4 (12D4e)
On macOS 11 the DEXT can be registered, debugged and the client can control it.
On macOS 10.15 - the DEXT can be registered/installed and 'systemextensionctl' shows it 'activated' and 'enabled':
enabled active teamID bundleID (version) name [state]
* * - com.example.apple-samplecode.dext-to-user-client.driver (1.0/1) com.example.apple-samplecode.dext-to-user-client.driver [activated enabled]
But the process for the DEXT can't be found. Looking in the crashlogs, I found that macOS tries five times to load the DEXT (five crash logs) and then gives up on loading it.
The crash log reads like this:
Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: __ZN8OSAction18CreateWithTypeNameEP8OSObjectyymP8OSStringPPS_
Referenced from: /Library/SystemExtensions/*/com.example.apple-samplecode.dext-to-user-client.driver (which was built for Mac OS X 19.0)
Expected in: /System/DriverKit/System/Library/Frameworks/DriverKit.framework/DriverKit
Thread 2 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: NullDriverUserClient-Default
0 dyld 0x000000011bb05ede __abort_with_payload + 10
Xcode Macos 10.15
1 dyld 0x000000011bb2f55d abort_with_payload_wrapper_internal + 80
2 dyld 0x000000011bb2f58f abort_with_payload + 9
3 dyld 0x000000011bb2cbf4 dyld::halt(char const*) + 463
4 dyld 0x000000011bab4bc3 dyld::fastBindLazySymbol(ImageLoader**, unsigned long) + 140
5 libdyld.dylib 0x000000010dcf5936 dyld_stub_binder + 282
6 ??? 0x000000010da6f1a0 0 + 4524011936
7 com.example.apple-samplecode.dext-to-user-client.driver 0x000000010da64c41 NullDriverUserClient::Start_Impl(IOService*) + 705 (NullDriverUserClient.cpp:223)
8 com.apple.DriverKit 0x000000010dae09e4 IOService::Start_Invoke(IORPC, OSMetaClassBase*, int (*)(OSMetaClassBase*, IOService*)) + 86
9 com.example.apple-samplecode.dext-to-user-client.driver 0x000000010da67f75 NullDriverUserClient::_Dispatch(NullDriverUserClient*, IORPC) + 293 (NullDriverUserClient.iig.cpp:180)
10 com.example.apple-samplecode.dext-to-user-client.driver 0x000000010da67e3d NullDriverUserClient::Dispatch(IORPC) + 77 (NullDriverUserClient.iig.cpp:167)
11 com.apple.DriverKit 0x000000010dacd241 invocation function for block in OSMetaClassBase::Invoke(IORPC) + 117
On macOS11 I could debug the DEXT and found 'CreateWithTypeName' to be in an auto-created method via the .iig in .iig.cpp:
I've checked for the symbol via 'nm':
On macOS 11 the DriverKit.framework has the symbol '__ZN8OSAction18CreateWithTypeNameEP8OSObjectyymP8OSStringPPS_', whereas on macOS 10.15.7 it does not.
My question now is:
Is this a bug in the DriverKit.framework on macOS 10.15.7 or did I set up the project in an incorrect / inappropriate way?
I'm currently on Xcode 12.4 (12D4e) and the DEXT ideally should also run on macOS 10.15.
Many thanks in advance for any information!
Posted on May 31, 2021 1:57 AM
Opened 2 years ago
Closed 22 months ago
Last modified 22 months ago
|Reported by:||Owned by:|
- main.log.tgz (1.8 MB) - added by vdoublie2 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip
Change History (27)
Changed 2 years ago by vdoublie
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by vdoublie
|Summary:||libgcc9 fails to build with Xcode 11 → macOS 10.15 libgcc9 fails to build with Xcode 11|
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by ryandesign (Ryan Schmidt)
|Keywords:||catalina added; segmentationfault removed|