This article helps to fix an issue in which Windows 10 doesn't install specific drivers for USB audio devices on the first connection.
Applies to: Windows 10, version 1703
Original KB number: 4021854
- Download drivers for sound card for iBall iBallCompbooki360 laptop (Windows 10 x86), or download DriverPack Solution software for driver update. Are you tired of looking for the drivers for your devices? DriverPack Online will find and install the drivers you need automatically.
- Dec 11, 2013 Universal Audio UAD-2 Driver 5.6.0 Free Universal Audio UAD-2 DSP card and Powered Plug-Ins driver Updated: December 5th 2017. 183,463 total downloads. ECS G41T-M16 VIA HD Audio Driver 9100E 10.0 Free ECS G41T-M16 Audio Driver. Updated: January 31st 2018. 3,363 total downloads.
- IBall is India’s premier home-grown tech accessory brand. Founded in 2001. IBall has now set its sights on capturing India’s informed and tech-savvy buyers through online and modern retail. IBall 2.0 addresses the new Indian - informed, innovative & inspired.
Look for a Realtek device or a device that has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. Click on the device to select it. From the View menu, choose Devices by connection. Look at the parent device – this will be called something like “Intel SST Audio Controller” (Intel Smart Sound Technology driver version 09.) 7.
When you connect a USB audio device to a Windows 10 Version 1703-based computer the first time, the operating system detects the device but loads the standard USB audio 2.0 driver (usbaudio2.sys) instead of the specific device driver.
This issue occurs because the USB audio 2.0 driver (usbaudio2.sys) isn't classified as a generic driver in Windows 10 Version 1703. Therefore, the system assumes that a compatible, nongeneric driver is installed for the device even though the driver is generic.
This issue also causes Windows 10 Version 1703 to postpone the search for other compatible drivers through Windows Update that typically occurs immediately after you install a new device.
To fix this issue, use one of the following methods.
To resolve this issue, install update 4022716.
If the device-specific driver is distributed through Windows Update, you can manually update the driver by using Device Manager. For more information about how to do this, see update drivers in Windows 10.
If the device is not yet connected, first install the device-specific driver, such as by using the appropriate installer. After the device-specific driver is installed, Windows 10 will select that driver instead of the standard USB audio 2.0 driver when you first connect the device.
Stereo Sound Cards
See the device manufacturer's user guide for specific instructions about how to install the driver.
If the driver isn't distributed through Windows Update, you can manually reinstall the driver. To do this, follow these steps:
- Install the device-specific driver (see Method 2).
- Open Device Manager.
- Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and then select Uninstall.
- Restart the computer.
Sound Cards Creative
When it restarts, Windows will try to reinstall the device by using the device-specific driver.